Wike Declines to Reveal Details of Truce with Fubara, Says Peace Has Returned to Rivers State

Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, says he will not reveal the details of the peace agreement reached between him and suspended Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara, emphasizing that the key outcome is the restoration of peace in the state.

Wike made this known during a media chat on Thursday at his Abuja residence, where he stated that he would rather let people speculate about the agreement.

“I will allow you to speculate, it’s not my business. All I know is that peace has come,” Wike said.
“If you are not satisfied with that, there is nothing we can do. What is important is that peace has returned, whatever thing anybody says is not my business.”

He alleged that some individuals had been profiting from the political crisis in Rivers State and were now unhappy with the reconciliation between him and Fubara.

Last month, President Bola Tinubu facilitated a peace meeting involving Wike, Fubara, and suspended members of the Rivers State House of Assembly, marking the beginning of reconciliation in the state.

The president had earlier suspended Fubara, his deputy Ngozi Odu, and the lawmakers in March 2025, following a prolonged political standoff over control of state structures. The conflict escalated after lawmakers loyal to Wike, led by Martin Amaewhule, moved to impeach Fubara.

In response, Tinubu appointed Vice Admiral Ibok-ete Ibas (rtd.) as the sole administrator of Rivers State, pending the resolution of the crisis.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Verified by MonsterInsights